When We Two Parted
昔日依依别
By George Gordon Byron
作者 / 乔治•戈登•拜伦
翻译 / 陈锡麟
朗诵 /
When we two parted In silence and tears,
昔日依依别, 泪流默无言,
Half broken-hearted, to sever for years,
离恨肝肠断, 此别又几年。
Pale grew thy cheek and cold, colder thy kiss;
冷颊何惨然, 一吻寒更添,
Truly that hour foretold sorrow to this.
日后伤心事, 此刻已预言。
The dew of the morning sank chill on my brow— It felt like the warning of what I feel now.
朝起寒露重, 凛冽凝眉间——彼时已预告:悲伤在今天。
Thy vows are all broken, and light is thy fame:
山盟今安在?汝名何轻贱!
I hear thy name spoken, and share in its shame.
吾闻汝名传, 羞愧在人前。
They name thee before me, a knell to mine ear;
闻汝名声恶, 犹如听丧钟。
A shudder comes o'er me— Why wert thou so dear?
不禁心怵惕, 往昔情太浓。
They know not I knew thee, who knew thee too well:
谁知旧日情,斯人知太深。
Long, long shall I rue thee too deeply to tell.
绵绵长怀恨, 尽在不言中,
In secret we met— In silence I grieve that thy heart could forget, thy spirit deceive.
昔日喜幽会, 今朝恨无声,旧情汝已忘, 疾心遇薄幸。
If I should meet thee after long years, how should I greet thee? — With silence and tears.
多年离别后, 抑或再相逢,相逢何所语?泪流默无声。
字词解析
grieve /ɡriːv/ 悲伤
pale /peɪl/ 苍白的
作者
乔治•戈登•拜伦(George Gordon Byron,1788-1824),是英国19世纪初期伟大的浪漫主义诗人,代表作品有《恰尔德•哈洛尔德游记》、《唐璜》等。
朗读者
王融,厦门大学嘉庚学院金融学专业在读,曾获“外研社•国才杯英语演讲大赛”全国二等奖,厦门大学嘉庚学院第十届、第十一届英语话剧比赛一等奖。